Saturday, March 03, 2007

Take Food with Antibiotics.....trust me...do this!!!

Okay so I came down with sinus cold, chest cold, and strep throat all roled up into one. Not sure who I made mad in the grand plan of things...but really was this completely necessary. One would of been plenty, thank you very much.
Maybe its just this past year catching up with me. All the emotions, happiness, frustration, tears, excitment, anxiousness, anticipation just catching up. Its so close, and I got enough news to be settled into the rest of the wait. Enough news to know that a match will eventually be made, that I have not been forgotten about, that they have not lost my dossier :). Because I feel this, I have had time to reflect on the past year without feeling totally and utterally anxiety ridden about this wait.
This past year has given me so much joy and has challenged me beyond what I ever could have imagined. I would have never imagined when I started this journey that I would still be waiting for a referral at this point. I would never have thought that the two closest friends that I have made in this journey would still be waiting to pick up their children. There have been many unexpected bumps and road blocks along the way. But along with those came the most unexpected blessings.
These blessings are so many in number. I have met and chatted with countless people....honestly I can't even comprehend how many..that I would have never had the opportunity to connect with before this process. I feel enriched and blessed by their friendship and support. I know that even as I end the journey of the wait to adopt and move onto the journey of motherhood...we will not lose touch, we will celebrate the joys of parenthood, the joys of raising adopted children, the joys of having this connection of having Ethiopian Children, and the joy of just being able to call each other friend.
So even though I feel sick tonight, I feel so blessed by all this journey has given me. And to think 16 months ago, I thought this journey was going to give me the chance of motherhood...my goodness it has given that and sooo much more.
Luv ya all...
Louise

3 comments:

Calico Sky said...

I hope you are much better soon. Poor you!
I too think this journey has given me sooooo much!

Anonymous said...

Apparently you subscribe to the theory of "go big, or go home" even when it comes to microbes. :) Hope you are feeling better soon!

june

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Louise, I hope you're feeling better soon! It's good to get it all over with so you can be immune to everything when your baby is home!!

Gina