Friday, March 30, 2007

WATOTO CONCERT



The Watoto Concert...its an African Children's Choir from Uganda! It was absolutely amazing...hard to describe really how it touched me. I felt like finally I could relax in the wait because I know in the end it is all worth it. That these kids are so amazing!
The children are all orphans who parents have either passed away or have abandoned them. They were all living on the streets or in insufficient housing in Uganda. They were taken to the Watoto and live with a foster home. Siblings are kept together. They are given love, nuturing, education, medication, and hope. Hope the most important thing they could be given. They have the belief that they will grow up to be someone!!
Louise

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I LOVE the Watoto choir too Louise.
Those kids are so full of life and joy. They always bring tears to my eyes when they come dancing in, singing and laughing...oh I love them!
Lesley