Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Check out my new additions to the page

I have added a counter and a guest map. SO show me where you are from. I would love to know where people are from that visit my blog.
In other news. We found out that in Addis Ababa...there was a conference on international adoptions. It is great that all the people involved with the process were coming together to discuss this wonderful process. They came to the same thought...they want a fair, legal and ethical process that puts the needs of the children first and foremost.
This is part of the post that our agency director posted on the Canadian International Adopt board
"There were certainly lots of topics of discussion but the main thing that continued to come out was that they want an ethical, legal process to occur. "
This is so true. I truly hope that the work these agencies are doing in Ethiopia continue for years to come. I want to adopt again and when the time comes I want to adopt again from Ethiopia. SO I am all for protecting the process in the future. And as we all know a few people can ruin it for others. SO I hope that all agencies around the world take the time to review what they are doing and make sure they are following the rules that Ethiopia has set out. As she said...We may have different ideas in North America about how we would like things to go and be processed...but it is not our place to question how things in Ethiopia go...that is their call.

Louise

No comments: