Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Little things that are exciting!

It is so interesting to find what things can make an adoptive parent to be excited. Today I went to the pharmacy and picked up a few things. I picked up infant tylenol, tylenol rapid release(for me :) LOL), and nystatin cream for any diaper rash issues. I know that I need to get a few more over the counter items..so I will pick those up as I continue my wait. But after I bought them...I thought...wow I am buying these for my baby..for my trip to Ethiopia! That was exciting to me. Too funny...yes I can laugh at myself over this.
Today is 8 months since my dossier left the country for Ethiopia. I remember just feeling so happy that the next thing I would be doing is getting that referral and signing those papers that would change my life forever!! Now I can hardly stand waiting anymore. I feel like I am driving in my parents car across Canada and asking "ARE WE THERE YET". This has felt like forever..but honestly the last year and a half has zoomed by and here I am on the verge of seeing my child for the first time. That can't come fast enough..but really where has the time gone. Somedays it feels like yesterday that I first contacted Roberta and had a long chat about the Ethiopia program.

So I hope Month 8 is a lucky month. Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging, excited, and await my news. It is such a blessing to be able to share this experience with others who have been there or others who are in the wait just like I am.

Louise

5 comments:

The Hattons... said...

I pray your month eight is your lucky number too. And Louise, I totally understand the excited feeling for buying what seems like the silliest thing. I walked around with diapers the other day HOPING I would see someone I knew so they would ask why I, of all people having no children yet, needed them. But alas, I ran into no one. Haha

Sheri

Louise said...

HAHA Sheri,
That is too funny. I had that happen in superstore with clothing. Someone I knew but had not seen in a while stopped me in superstore with a couple of sleepers.
Though Most of the time I am baby shopping...I never see a single person I know.
Louise

Anonymous said...

I am totally hoping that you will hear something this month. Maybe when Deb gets back from this next trip....

I can totally remember spending my lunch breaks at work in the Zellers baby department.... I would buy everything I could possibly imagine needing.... It felt like I was actually doing something, and made things feel a bit more real.

Lisa W

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

As you know Louise, I also have my fingers crossed that 8 is your lucky month !!

And like you, I also did buy lots and lots before we got our refferal.. like Lisa said, it just makes you feel better about the wait.. it did for me anyways !

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Louise, as you know, I'm a Feng Shui consultant and number 8 is a very lucky number! :) I can relate to these shopping experiences, too! I was in Superstore last night looking at bottles, not having a clue what a 16 month old would like to have. I also wished I'd run into someone I knew! Funny what a universal experience this is! Us first-time Moms are a unique bunch!

Louise, we are all sooo blessed to be in this situation of waiting for our children, baby shopping, fixing up our beautiful nurseries. Thanks for sharing your excitement!!

Gina