Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And She's Off

Well Part 1 of Expedition Ethiopia is complete. My younger sister as some of you may know is travelling with me. She left this morning for Toronto and will then be off to London a few days ahead of me. She spent a year in Wales last year on an exchange...and since we were making this expensive flight anyways..she decided to do a stopover in London and take a bus up to Swansea Wales for a few days. So next Tuesday I will meet her in London where we will begin the last leg of the Journey to Ethiopia together. Seeing her off this morning was so exciting...it was step ONE!
So yes that is right...I have to make my FIRST long haul transatlantic flight by MYSELF...eeekkk...did I mention I have only ever flown twice in my entire life..both times to Disney! For those of you who have been down that way you know the 4 hr flight is nothing compared to the number of hours you spend on a plane flying across the ocean. Am I a wee bit nervous...maybe...but the excitment I am feeling far outweighs any nervous butterflies!
Ohwell ready or not I make my first flight to Toronto on Friday..and then fly out Monday for Ethiopia.
Something funny at the airport. Hillary had not weighed her suitcases yet...so when we got there...the first one was 50.2 fine. The second one I had drug in from the car...and I could barely lift it. 49.2....geeshh I could have put another .8 lbs of diapers in that hehehe.
Oh and for those of you getting ready to travel. It is only one bag of liquids in carry on per passenger...not per bag...silly sister of mine! Hehehe

Louise

3 comments:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Yeah for step one !!!

I had never made really long flights before either Louise and it was fine, like you said, the excitement far outweights everything else !!

Can't wait for you to leave now !!!

YEAH !!!

Lisa

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!!! This is going to be the greatest comign week of your life!! :):00 Hopefully Judah and I can visit with you in Addis!!

Julie M. said...

That is soooooo exciting Louise! Hooorray for step #1! And you will be fine flying by yourself :) Just bring a good book, and some puzzles to do, and it will be over before you know it :)