Saturday, October 20, 2007

6 Days to go and I still have a Cold

What is up with bad timing...I still have this cold and its not going anywhere. I worked a night shift last night and by morning my throat was super sore. I decided to call in sick tonight as working is not helping me get rid of this cold...and I NEED it gone by the time I leave.
BUT Now for the POSITIVE....in 6 days I leave for Ethiopia.
And in less than 2 weeks I will be holding my son for the first time. I keep playing over and over in my head what that moment will feel like...but I don't think anything I imagine will even come close to it!
I have been so blessed by the Friendships I have made over the last two years and can't wait for the years to come to see our children play and develop their own friendships with each other! I am looking forward to future gatherings when I won't have to be the one venting about the process..but the one who can finally say..it really does happen, you really can get through it...and there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Louise

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ColdFX! Echinacea! Vitamin C! Pop them all, man. But don't worry... even if you don't get rid of the cold you won't even notice it with all that adrenaline. :)

june

Julie M. said...

OH Louise...I have the same blasted cold that seems to never go away! Just try to rest as much as you can, and YEAH that you are leaving so soon! I hope you have a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to see you and your little man at the airport!

The Hattons... said...

Hey Louise! Just think, all that air conditioning on the planes, and all that sleeplessness ... getting sick now may mean you'll be the healthiest mom in Addis. Okay, so I made no sense at all. I'm sick too so I blame it on that.

Saw your post to Lyle the other day. YAY FLAMES. Although we're near Vancouver, Mikiyas has learned to say "Yucky Canucks!" YAY - he's so smart.

Looking forward to your travels. I can't believe it is so soon now! WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise, It's too bad you would have to get a cold right now. When we get sick with a sore throat, one thing that works really good is gargling with salt water. It's a classic old remedy. Just take a huge glass of water and put in a teaspoon of salt and gargle away. Salt kills infection in anything. But seeing how you are a nurse, you probably know this stuff anyway! Those things always seem to happen at the worst time. But at the very least, consider it a blessing in disguise. You can have some quiet time alone to catch up on last minute things or rest and think about your little fellow. Better yet, you'll be over the worst of your cold before you travel and won't have the feeling of being in Ethiopia and feeling sick. I can't imagine how excited you are about leaving in six days!! Have a great trip and we'll be there with the rest of the group to meet you at the airport. Blessings and Peace- Paula and Mike, Woodstock, NB

Anonymous said...

Praying you get better before your trip to get your son!

Jody said...

Wishing you lots for rest before you head out!! Soon, and very soon he will be in your arms!!

Unknown said...

So exciting!!! I hope that this cold leaves you soon!!! You must be BEYOND excited!!!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Wishing you are better in the next few days but I know that no matter what you will enjoy everything even if you have a cold...

ENJOY these last few days and we can't wait to be at the airport with you in a few weeks..

Hard to believe it huh.... and you are right, I also look forward to our children building their own friendship and seeing them play together at the Christmas gatherings !!YEAH

Lisa

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Oh Louise

I don't know how I missed this post but it teared me up. I'm hoping your feeling better and cannot believe the days are numbered before you have your angel in your arms. I can't wait to see you as a Mom. We are all sooo proud of you and can't wait to meet your son. Hugs on your journey. I'll be thinking of you as always.