Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Waiting waiting waiting

Well as everyone knows in the process of adoption there is a huge amount of hurry up and wait going on. You wait on paperwork, meetings, appointments, then you wait on government officials, approvals, canada post, and fedex. You wait for your dossier to arrive in Ethiopia, wait for it to be picked up....and then the big wait for referral. After you get that amazing news you go back into hurry up and wait mode once again. Although this part of the wait is like a double edged sword...on one hand you have this beautiful baby to think about, focus on, shop for, prepare for and love....but then you also have no way to touch, feel, smell, hug or kiss this little one. You bond through pictures and each picture is a precious glimpse into who your little one is.
So now what is the wait....well I need to wait to hear how court went on Monday..no news yet...expecting to hear something this week...I am so anxious to hear if it went smoothly!
Then I have to wait on Immigration...how long with that take? That is the million dollar question. It seems most people have gotten their medicals done 12-13 weeks after referral....that puts me the first week of September to have medical completed. After that is done then I should be able to travel 4 weeks after that....so that would be first week of October. Ofcourse there is no timeline written in stone..things can be delayed or it might be quicker....hard to really know when that call will come!

Well in other happenings....I finally installed a gate at the top of my stairs.....what a pain in the rear end!!! It was awful to install but it looks good now.
I got some things at children's place today...all 297 or 397...can't beat that price!

Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, hunnie.....I'm crossing my fingers for a response soon!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Louise, I hope that you hear some great news soon! I've enjoyed following your blog.

Rempel Family said...

Hi Louise,
I am so very happy for you. When you got your referral, it was hope for me that it will happen for us to. Thank you. Still waiting, LISA