Friday, July 13, 2007

4 weeks into the wait!!!!!

Well I am already at 4 weeks into the wait to travel to get my sweet boy! I cannot believe a month has passed by sooo quickly. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my son, about what he is doing, how he is, if he has grown. A mother at the unit in which I work was really upset yesterday because she was being discharged but the baby wasn't yet. And she said something that really spoke to my heart. She was so worried that she wouldn't be there to comfort him if he was upset or crying. Yes she knew that there would be someone there to hold and comfort him...but it wouldn't be her.
I cannot wait to see my sweet boy and hold him in my arms...kiss and hug him. That day...the first meeting is something I think of a lot. Just to finally hold him and really be able to touch and smell him. My son. Its incredible to think that this part of the journey will be over in just a few months and that I will be starting a new journey with my son.

Louise

1 comment:

Gina said...

Louise, you'll be such an amazing mother to your son. I know that. I'm sure he feels your love right now as he waits for you in Ethiopia. I feel the same way about my daughter. The wait was hard but it seemed to fly by quickly! Soon you'll be together!

Gina