Sunday, July 22, 2007

Almost 6 weeks of Waiting

Well this Wednesday will mark the 6th week since I saw my son for the very first time. I have the feeling this weekend of relief...of "I have finally made it". From here on in, its just a matter of waiting for Canadian Immigration to finish their part of the process. It seems that most people receive their medical paperwork for their children at teh 12 week mark after referral (Although unfortunately some have waited longer than that). So if Nathaniel does get his medical done by the 12 week mark, that would be the first week of September. Very exciting!!!
It feels like I am half way there....because after the medical you pretty much know when you are going to travel. I know those 4 weeks will fly by sooo fast I will most likely just be spinning! Its hard to believe that in as little as 2 1/2 months I could be travelling...and bringing my son back home finally!!! I can't be happier about the court date being done...I keep thinking wow I don't have to stress about getting it done before court closures! That stress is GONE. But ofcourse there is still the stress and worry about immigration not being done quickly, files being lost,etc,etc. "POSITIVE THINKING" :) :)
Louise

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Louise, I just came along your blog. SO exciting to read and follow your journey to Nathaniel. My name is also Louise and I am a single mom to a 4 year old daughter adopted from China. I am focusing on Ethiopia, for the pursuit of a second adoption(if all aligns properly) but will live through your joy for now. Positive thoughts being sent your way.
Cheers-Louise E (in Ontario)

Calico Sky said...

Hoping and praying for you!
kate