Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Almost 7 months of official waiting

Well in 11 days I will be at 7 months of waiting. Now I also keep count with weeks....and if you go by the weeks of waiting I am at...30 weeks + of waiting. So if it was a pregnancy I would be rolling into the 3rd trimester. This wait feels like an elephant's gestation, what is that gestation 2 years right.
I am getting anxious to see some referrals coming for those April/May families. I wish things would just get a move on. There may have been referrals for families who don't use the boards/emails/etc...but there have been no referrals or even travel dates given in the last month. Now the agency says things are moving along fine, not to worry...but that is like telling a person who is overdue that nothing is wrong and the baby will come when it will come. Not easy to hear or accept. So I keep telling myself that things will happen when they happen and that I need to stop planning ahead. You know you all do it....if I get my referral by this point then maybe I will travel before this point. See with me I just really want to get through the court before it closes in August. So I keep telling myself if I can just get the referral by March/April then I can get the baby home before the court closes. Aggghhhhh yes I am driving myself crazy I know, I know, I know.
I spent Monday with my godchildren who are too sweet for words. My goddaughter Hannah is 1 and my godson Jacob is going to be 3. They are both growing way to fast. Jacob is getting taller by the minute and looking more and more like a preschooler rather than a toddler anymore. Hannah is starting to look more and more like a toddler...like I said growing way to fast. Hannah is just on the verge of walking...she tries so hard but its hard to balance on those little feet. And really crawling is oh soo much faster. Plus she knows Auntie will pick her up if she really fusses long enough LOL LOL LOL.
Lisa is going to Ethiopai on Friday....you can check out her blog.....http://thegoguenfamily.blogspot.com/
Its hard to believe that it is that time already because it just feels like yesterday that she told me she was going (that was in Novemeber right???) I want everyone to be thinking of Lisa while she is there, and pray for a safe and wonderful trip. I know Lisa that this will be a life changing trip for you. I can only imagine what it will be like. Bring back lots of stories, videos, pictures, etc. We will have to have a gathering just to hear about your trip. LOL
Louise

3 comments:

S&C said...

We are 7 months in too! Although we were on a wait list to begin with so the official wait time for referral is only been 2 months we are still 7 months into the adoption. Feels like forever huh?!? How do you keep busy any suggestions? Well good luck i hope the next couple months just fly by :-)

Calico Sky said...

will pray for them.
Hoping you have your referral very soon!!
Kate

Anonymous said...

We're waiting since October. Compare to you were newbies. Were redoing some rooms to pass the time. My pray is "the call" comes soon for you.