Saturday, February 24, 2007

Excitment

WOW it has been one exciting week. One Maritime family got their probable travel date and another maritime family got their referral for 2 girls (wow 2 little girls. Congrats Lisa and Pierre!!!)
Its so exciting to see other families hit these momentus occasions...provincial approval, dossier to Ethiopia, referrals, court dates, medicals, and travel dates. Each one is so important and exciting in the life of an adoptive family. We don't have the opportunity to see a baby grow in our tummies, appointments with doctors, increasingly larger collections of maternity clothes....but we celebrate these moments in the same way. Each one brings us closer to that ultimate moment...that moment when we are introduced to our children.
It is the strangest feeling to know that I am close to receiving a referral. The fact that it could happen in the next month or two is unreal. Its hard to believe that I am that close. For so long it has always been oh not yet, you know not for a while yet....not till next year. Well now it is not till next month or April. Its crazy....I could see the face of my child in less than 8 weeks. Its hard to believe it will really happen. I am sure it will feel like a dream till someone pinches me. I feel like it is close and I am really feeling the "nesting" urge. I want to get things in order (ofcourse some things I can't do because I need to see if it will be a boy or a girl. But I really want to get the house in order..get things ready.
I wish I would be able to travel this summer...but realistically I know I am probably going to be travelling this fall. It would be nice to have the baby home for atleast part of the summer. It would be nice to have mine, Lisa and Pierre's and Dawn and Gerald's children home for the balloon festival this August but I know that it is probably a long shot...hey but who knows right.
The three of us have been emailing since November 2005, it seems unreal that we will all be home with our kids by the end of the year. A friendship 2 years in the making, and one that will last a lifetime. It has been such a joy to meet and gather with all the families in the Maritimes. To be able to see the kids come home, settle in and grow. I can't imagine how the littlest kids that were home last year have grown since Christmas. Kids grow to fast...that is what I have decided.

Louise

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my nesting stage one week before I got my referral. Neat to see if your is about the same.
Terri

owlhaven said...

Hope you get that referral soon!

Mary

Anonymous said...

I understand Louise! I'm checking my phone and e-mail more than ever waiting for the call. It's such a blessing to have caring people who are on the same path beside us, cheering us on, feeling their joy when the next step comes. Thanks for being a great support! I'm sure we'll be hearing about our babies very soon!

Gina

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Louise,

I cannot wait to share the excitement of your refferal !!! It will be a wonderful day !

I also hope that we will all have our children here by August !

What a gathering that would be huh !

Lisa