Thursday, August 30, 2007

AHH The Joy of Retail Therapy

Well what fun I have had in the last 2 days. My cousin, her mom, her kids, my sister and I hit the road on Tuesday and headed for Bangor, ME. This is about 4 hrs away and is the place to be for Retail Therapy.
RETAIL THERAPY...for those of you who have not yet experienced it...you will and let me tell you it is soooo great!
So I actually did go with a mission...to find things for the walls of Nathaniel's room. And I actually did find some things. I found a wall hanging of blue stars and moons at Mardens for the low low price of 4.97 and I found a set of wall hangings (square soft pillow like hangings with Nursery Rhymes on them) and a valance to match at Burlington Coat factory....This store is renamed by yours truely as "New Mom Heaven on Earth". For those of you not familiar this store is the greatest store ever. It has about 50 aisles of baby/kid/decor stuff, clothing, equipment, toys and books. It is amazing and 100 times more fun than toys r us because it is all so super cheap and discounted. I got a outfit that came with pants, shirt and a jacket for 11.97 (how can you beat that).
We also went to Targets...oh oh...bad store. So Okay I got Nathaniel a Halloween Costume. I think we will be home by Halloween and if not we will have Halloween either in Ethiopia or when we get back (thats right I will move the date of Halloween....not...but the kids in our extended family will do Halloween over when Nathaniel arrives). It is a dragon costume, it is made out of this really nice warm fuzzy/furry material that is sooo cute. I am attaching pics of all my goodies.
Once folded it really doesn't look like a lot..but check out the pics of it all laid out on the bed.
Fun was had by all!!!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some sweet deals and some really nice stuff Louise!! I just got back from Toronto and I went a little crazy with the shopping too! Isn't this great!? :-)

Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said...

Sounds like a super fun time!! It looks like you got some cuuuute stuff!!! Can't wait to meet little Nathaniel IN ETHIOPIA I'm sure!!!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

WOW that is a lot of stuff Louise !!!

Sounds like you had a great time !

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Mardens - it's my father-in-law's favourite place! Glad you had so much fun and got so much great stuff.

Can't wait to do a cross-border shopping trip myself ... hopefully soon!!

Jillie

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

WOW - I LOVE shopping with you. I want to come on your next trip.
You got the sweetest things...Go Mom!!!

Rhonda Turgeon said...

I think you have to change your name to "Shopping Queen"!! Can't wait to see Nathaniel in his Halloween costume!!

Brightlight said...

Ah, the joys of US shopping! Glad you had such a wonderful time -- and got some great deals! Gloria