Friday, June 15, 2007

The Referral Experience

I love to hear about how others have received their referral and the circumstances, etc. So I will share mine.
To start ,,,,,on the 13th of June I was suppose to have worked....but I had traded with Bonnie at work so she could have May 13th (Mother's day) off. So I did not have to work. I went out in the morning...never thinking about the fact that my cell phone was dead....geesh.
So I got back at around 12noon and was on the phone with some family.
While I was on the phone with my sister my sw called and left a message for me to call her and that "this was the call". So I tried to frantically call her back...no answer. So I left 2 messges finally deciding to go to her office and wait for her however long I had to wait. Well at her office secretary informed me that she was out for lunch...be back in half hour. Well I had calmed down enough to check messages again...there was a second one (That was right after the first...but I had slammed the phone down and never checked the 2nd one) from her saying that she would meet me at 2 (it was 130). So I waited outside on the bench....very anxious.
Well she walked up the steps and said " I knew you would be waiting for me" Then she said to the other women with her...this is the lucky mom. The co worker then said "OH my god..your baby is sooooo cute"..
So inside her office area..she decided she needed to introduce me to her supervisor so introductions were made...and yet another person "oh my gosh your baby is tooo cute". LOL...all these women had seen my son before I did LOL LOL.
Saw the pics and I bawled of course. I was shocked at how big he looked...couldn't get over how sweet he was. Went over the documents...and I was able to accept it right away.
Yahh. He is amazing..I am sooo happy.

Louise

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Louise! Reading your story of how you came to find out about little Nathaniel brings a tear to my eye! I just envisioned myself in your shoes, in that moment. The excitement and emotions you must have been feeling must have been so over-whelming and unreal. I can't wait until you've had your court date so we can finally see what a handsome little boy you have!!

Lesley said...

Love referral stories Louise. Thanks for sharing yours with us.
I am so excited to hear about the rest of the process with you. Hoping for speedy court and visa dates, and quick smooth travel process.
This next part of the wait I found easier (I know it's different for everyone and some find this harder) For me, I knew who my kids were and I just focussed on getting there to pick them up.
So, you're in the final stretch...
Lesley

Ricki said...

That's a sweet story. Nothing like hearing how adorable your son is before you get to see him, haha! Now I can hardly wait to hear your gotcha day story!

Anonymous said...

Love your referral story!

Congrats on your referral, he really is beautiful!

Just so you know, our baby, Zion who is 4 months old is 16 pounds, so I don't think yours is that big!! :)

I know how it is, I wanted my babies to be little, healthy, but little!!!

Can't wait to hear about your gotcha day!

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Great story ... can't believe you were able to wait through introductions and small talk without just yelling SHOW ME THE PICTURE ALREADY!!! :)

june

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

What a beautiful story and I know you will cherish it always. Thanks for sharing and giving me something to look forward to. Can't wait to meet your "little man". A son will touch you life in the most amazing way. You think life is good my friend...it's about to get A LOT better!!

Teabo Chica said...

Louis, what a wonderful story to share one day soon with your new son. Awesome. I too love to hear how it happens...cant wait for my turn!
www.theteabotribe.blogspot.com

The Turgeon Expansion said...

We're so excited for you Mommy Louise! We're counting the days down till we get to here your gotcha day story! It makes me so happy when people get referrals, I guess I know it WILL happen for us too!!

Rhonda

Calico Sky said...

AAAHHHH YOU GOT A REFERRAL????


I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU LOUISE!!!