Monday, November 19, 2007

Day Two and Three






Since Jill is not getting any work done while she is suppose to be working..I figure I better get this blog updated LOL :) :)
So Thursday....
Nathaniel woke up twice during the first night...but unlike what I had been told, went right back to sleep after his bottle (I had been told he liked to play after waking for a bottle) So we got a bit of sleep that night. Thursday we spent hanging around the guesthouse, just getting to know one another. Nathaniel had his first tub bath. The guesthouse had these pink plastic tubs which were great except the one we had leaked. I didn't know it until I felt my sock and pantleg getting wet. The video was cut short on account of the flood that was taking place on the bathroom floor. The other families that were in our group arrived late Wednesday night, and despite my best efforts to stay up, I was not able to hold out untill they arrived. So the next morning (much to their surprise) Nathaniel and I greeted everyone in the dining room. It was sooo nice to finally meet all the families that we would be spending the next week with. Today was also the day that two of the Kid's Link families were able to bring home their babies. Jada and Judah were great playmates for Nathaniel. It was nice to have a few other babies around for Nathaniel to hang out with.
We discovered the hallways of the guesthouse and the mirrors were great play areas as well as the dining area. Much of our meals were had in the dining room. The only thing missing was a high chair (which would of made my meals much less of a fill your mouth as fast as you can competition while trying to keep little fingers out of the pizza). I do have to say the guesthouse staff was amazing and helpful! They often offered to take Nathaniel so I could eat...although he would only stay with them for a short period of time.
Thursday night we went out for Ethiopian Meal at the Crown Hotel. The show was AMAZING!!! I don't know how they did some of the dancing. One of the women twisted and waved her hair in ways I just can't even explain. All I know is that I wanted to see a chiropractor for her!
Nathaniel was asleep before we arrived, and when he woke..his expression was hillarious. The music was very loud, and he was like "where the heck are we mom!!!"

Friday Morning,
We went to the Sheraton to exchange money. This hotel is ludicrously (sp??) lush and decorated! You even have to go through metal detectors to enter the hotel. Once in, I felt like you didn't even feel you were in Ethiopia. It felt like a totally different place. Once done there, I took Nathaniel to the clinic to see the doctor. He had a very congested cough at times and also had been tugging his ears. The clinic is a private one, but there were tons of people there. Walking through I couldn't help but feel like a great big schmuck! I felt like ( and we probably did) we were bypassing the waiting line to be seen. Once registered we still waited...but I sure felt watched for sure!! The doctor said his ears were fine and chest was clear...so I was relieved. We waited for another mom to have her daughter checked out and we were on our way back home. While waiting outside to see the doctor..Nathaniel wet through his diaper...so there was no place to change him. I ended up changing him on my knee...that was quite a feat!
Once back at the guesthouse, we spent the rest of the day hanging out. That night we all went to bed very early..but at around 10 I woke to a very nice and big wetspot...ala Nathaniel. he had soaked through. So down to the front desk for clean sheets, and a clean boy settled into his "doll" crib. Once the bed was made...Hillary and I spent a good hour laughing out loud at the apparent Band that was playing at the bar across the road from the guesthouse. I thought it was sooo funny because they were singing the cheesiest english songs. "I shot the sherriff", " Macarena", Celine Dion Songs, and the list goes on and on...I actually got the video camera out to record the I shot the sherriff...toooo funny!!
The rest of the night was however not as funny. By 330 my sister was soooooo sick..she couldn't keep anything down..and was not feeling well at all. I was up from about 330 on and by morning was sooo exhausted. I think the last few days of sleep deprivation and all the emotions had caught up to me. After breakfast I had a great big cry in our room...I was worried about my sister as well I guess as she wasn't drinking anything at that point. By 1030 though, she was able to keep liquids down and we were moving rooms into a much brighter and bigger room. Things were looking up :)
Louise
PS yes you do count right...4 changes of clothes for Nathaniel in one day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at your comment about the chiropractor for the Crown dancers - that was exactly our group's reaction too!!

june

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Ahhhhhh, THANK YOU!!!!!

I just can't get enough of that sweet face. I know your SUPER busy now so thanks for sharing.

you're biggest fan!!! lol