Sunday, April 15, 2007

Can you believe it....I chose a name

Thanks for the help here and on facebook. Oh for anyone who hasn't gotten on facebook. It is very neat. Addictive though, but neat!
Okay so for the big reveal
Olivia Grace Reid
Nathaniel Issac Reid (he will go by Nat or Nate...can't decide which one. Our neighbour son is Nate...so not sure?? Whaddya think. I have also heard Nathaniel is a popular name in Ethiopia and they go by the nick name of Natti. I like that)

Nathaniel Issac means Gift of God and He will Laugh. Think that is very nice!!!
Olivia Grace means Peace and Grace of God I like this too. Funny story the first site I looked for meaning said both Olivia and Oliver (masc form) meant Elf Army. I almost cried...I can't name my child with a name meaning Elf Army. Luckily three other sites all said it meant Peace (of the olive tree).
Ofcourse their Ethiopian name will be in there as well. Not sure if infront or after the second name. Will see what it is !
Can't wait to name my child...come on referral....get a move on!!!

Louise

7 comments:

Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said...

I love the names Louise!!!! Now you're totally ready for a referral...maybe that was the holdup... Haregewain was waiting for you to pick names!! LOL... Anyway, I'll have to find you on facebook...I'm addicted too

hazel said...

Olivia Grace - LOVE IT. They are both names I've considered for my daughther. My Godmother is Grace and I just love the name Olivia or Oliver. Great choice, Louise and hey, I'm not using either one myself - not that it matters, of course :-) I haven't thought much about boy names but I like the sound of Nathaniel Issac.

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

I also really like your names as you know ! And hopefully Lisa W is right and that this is all H was waiting for !!!!

Lisa

Isabelle Boudreau said...

You chose really nice names! Seems like your all ready to get that referral!! Hope it comes soon Louise!! We'll be praying for you!!

Isabelle

Anonymous said...

"Elf Army"??? Someone must have been watching too much Lord of the Rings... I've never heard of that as a meaning for Olivia.

Clickin Mama J said...

Good names!

Anonymous said...

Louise, I love your names! They're both perfect! Nathaniel is the name of my former neighbor's boy, such a light and very smart kid. It's so much fun to choose names! Your referral will be here soon!

Gina