Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Its been 15 weeks today


15 weeks (105 days) that my file has been in Ethiopia today. 15 weeks ago I breathed a huge sigh of relief that finally the wait for my baby could begin. I am 15 weeks paper pregnant. If one were physically pregnant this would be the point where I would say ahh past the first trimester, now I can relax a little more knowing the dangerous period is over. I feel sort of the same way at this point in the adoption journey. I know by this point my file is in the hands of the local gov officials...hopefully already done with my file, approved my request to adopt and hopefully by now "H" is looking for my child to be matched with me. I decided I will count down in weeks...because 15 weeks sounds better than 3 1/2 months That extra week counts for a lot LOL LOL.
I was at a Mary Kay party when someone asked if I had kids yet...I said nope not yet, but I have one on the way from Ethiopia. She gave me a confused look....so I chuckled and explained further. Its all very exciting being able to tell people that I am expecting from Ethiopia. I got my shirt ordered from Lisa, so soon I will be able to wear it. I can't wait to see the shirts..How exciting.
So yesterday I got a great buy at Sears. I got two crib dust ruffles...yes I know how many dust ruffles does one need...believe me I have 4 now...I think that is enough :) LOL. Anyways at sears I got this green checkered dust ruffle with a thick blue fleece trim (about 2.5 inches wide)...with animals, leaves, bugs embroidered in the fleece. It was reg 49.99 (just for the dust ruffle...isn't that ridiculous) Picture attached above!!! But I got it for 14.99 (even that price I had to swallow hard). And the 2nd dust ruffle...plain green with a blue and green vertical line down the middle (in a pleat) for 2.49 (that was a great buy)!

No comments: