Thursday, October 19, 2006

Is anyone else feeling this way

I am trying so hard to feel happy and excited for those receiving their referrals from kids Link in such a short time period (I am talking weeks not months)...but I having sort of a hard time with it. It seems like such a short time compared to the 9-11 months that has been predicted for CAFAC wait..and yet I am soo happy with the agency and am committed to the agency. I would never change agencies as they are an agency that has been doing it for so many years, and Kids Link has yet to actually have anyone travel to get their child. (not to mention the enormous expense involved in changing) But geezz I am feeling a little bit frustrated by it all. I am just gritting my teeth to see yet another referral in under a month for Kids Link. I am Jealous..I can admit it...I don't wish bad or feel anger towards the parents...but why would one agency get referrals so quick and the other have such a long wait. It doesn't seem fair. But ahhh that is it Life is not always fair and I am in this for the long haul. If I messed with fate.....well I know my child is chosen for me and it will all happen when it is suppose to be.
But gosh darn it, its really frustrating.

Louise

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Louise,

I can hear your frustration and I can so relate to how hard that wait time is. Hang in there, it doesn't seem fair, it really doesn't, but your baby will be here soon.
I know that I couldn't believe that our referral would ever come and then, BAM, there it was one morning (I'm sure you remember it well!)and now I am home with my little ones.
Take care,
Lesley

The Hattons... said...

As I am sure you read on my blog, I feel your pain Louise. We will get to the end. We will see our babies. We will hold them. And when they're teenagers, we'll ask ourselves, WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?! And yes, waiting now brings us closer to our perfect match. Not another match from another agency. But our perfect match.
Blessings to you. Sheri

Calico Sky said...

I totally get it. It will take me a long time to be ready for adoption because of finances (where I live you can't get a 2 bed apartment for under $600K Cdn) and I do feel frustrated when people I know just decide 'let's adopt' and poof, they have all the money and complete 1 or 2 adoptions!
Thinking of you!

Tao's Mommy said...

WELCOME back to your blog!! Hang in there, before you know it you will have your little one in your arms.