Friday, February 08, 2008

Day 8...Wednesday











In the morning Hillary and some from the group went to Entoto mountain, I had decided to take the morning to just spend with Nathaniel at the guesthouse. Around 10, one of the other moms told me they were heading to the Sheraton to go to the Park there, we decided to join them.
The park really wasn't for Nathaniel's age, so we ended up exploring the Sheraton a bit more, and hung out by the fountains and enjoyed the fresh air. It was nice to have some quiet down time with him by myself. Hillary really enjoyed Entoto mountain and the church they went to.
The afternoon we went to Liga School...this was a highlight of our trip. Once again I found myself very emotional..especially while looking at all the sweet boys in the class thinking that this could have been my son. And these kids are the ones who are getting the help. This school does sooo much with so little. The rooms are litterally made out of corugated Sheet Metal...there are litterally 40 + kids in this tiny room. We brought granola bars and other things to hand out. The kids sang and danced for us. One little girl who was outside most of the time really touched my heart and the hearts of all the moms there. She was sooo sweet. Her name was Minuette. She was about 6 and had the biggest grin! Such a sweetie with I think a mischevious side to her.
Louise

No comments: