Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day Six









Well so here we go trying to update again while Nathaniel is sleeping.
Monday
Today was a quiet day at the guesthouse minus a trip out to the grocery store. We pretty much stayed close to the guesthouse today. Nathaniel had fun playing outside in the courtyard..and enjoyed the guard that was there. The guards and all of the staff are certainly wonderful with the children. Meseret was one of the front desk staff...she would always offer to play with Nathaniel so that we could have a chance to eat our dinner. At first Nathaniel would stay with her..but closer to the end of the trip...he would only stay with them for a few minutes and then wanted back with me. Nice to see the bonding happening.
Monday evening we went out for Chinese food..the best Chinese I am pretty sure I have ever had. It was sooooo good!!! One of the things Lisa G warned me of was that the staff at restaurants in Ethiopia will take the children to play with them and let you eat. Its something that took a bit to get used to...certainly doesn't happen to often in Canada. I joked before we left Ethiopia with Selamneh that I would have to get used to being back in Canada. I would have to open my car door myself and eat at restaurants with Nathaniel on my lap (well in a highchair). He had a great time here..there was a large floor to ceiling fish tank. He and another little girl in our group Meseret enjoyed it alot.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your baby Nathaniel is so cute. I love the hair knots picture. I'm going to have to learn that "do" for my 2 girls. I am adopting 2 Ethiopian siblings and cannot wait to have them in my arms.

Blessings to you and yours,
Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Hi Louise! I LOVE the little stripey outfit you have Nathaniel in!! So cute!! And I love the "do" too!