Sunday, December 09, 2007

Day Four and Five






So Nathaniel is sleeping in...so trying to update about trip :)
Saturday
As in the previous post...Hillary was sick Early Saturday morning..and basically was in bed for the whole day. She was very exhausted but started to retain liquids by 11 am. Nathaniel and I hung around the guesthouse that day,..so not really much to say. Other than it was a very emotional day for me. I was very worried about Hillary, very sleep deprived (Exhausted might be appropriate word), all the emotions I think hit me. They say that new moms who have delivered get the blues on about day 3 or 4 after delivery...well that would be right! Even for adoptions. I had a few good cries and felt better by the afternoon. IT was just everything all rolled up. But moving into the new room made the biggest difference!

Sunday (day 5)
Wow what a difference a night of some sleep can do for a person. Nathaniel was only up once during the night (which was a big difference from every 3 hrs.
So today was a new day. Some of the families went to Soderie...which had Hillary not been recuperating we might have done as well...but we decided to stick close to home instead.
Hillary went to get her hair braided and I went with Cheryl, Randy and Hennock, and Jacyln, Craig and Judah and we all went to the Sheraton for swimming, For those who have not travelled yet. I think this hotel is probably one of the most majestic fancy hotels I have ever seen even in pictures. It is obscenly gorgeous considering the surroundings that it has. You don't really even feel you are in Ethiopia when you are there. BUT swimming was a nice break and I am really glad I did it. Since we were there on a weekend it was quite pricey 140 birr (14 dollars basically). But it was worth every penny.
After swimming we went to a Italian restaurant that had an outdoor patio (really on the grass) but it was a beautiful place to have lunch. I have garlic cheese bread (which was like a grilled cheese with oil and fresh mozzarella cheese and I also ordered a pizza which I shared with Hillary when she arrived.
That night we just relaxed at the guesthouse..once again Nathaniel was in bed by 7pm.

Louise

1 comment:

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Ahh, you guys looked like you had a BLAST in the pool. I love your pictures. Hillary has A LOT of patience to get her hair done and it turned out GREAT!!