Saturday, September 08, 2007

Yardsale fun!!!

Wow...did we ever have fun today. To get me out of my funk (not feeling overly positive after no medical arriving yesterday)..we went yardsaling!!!! IT was fun and did we ever get some steals of a deal!!
I had heard there was a group fundraising for a SIM canada (www.sim.ca) mission trip to Addis Ababa...how cool! So I wanted to go to their yardsale..but didn't realize the entire subdivision was having a yardsale...wow soooo much great stuff.
I gave the group fundraising a bag of sneakers that I know I won't have room to take...they were more than happy to take those for me to the orphanage they will be working at.
But now onto the finds! I got a sandbox (dinosaur with cover) for $20, an easel for $10, one of those red and yellow cars, with the curved roof that the kids ride in for $5, and a little tykes mini kitchen (small little toy for toddlers...not the full size one)...for $1...unbelievable. Awesome buys!!! Those are going to be sooo great for next summer. Can't wait to fill that sandbox!

Will post pics later....
Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Louise! You always manage to get the deals! You need to take me shopping and yard sailing with you. I always somehow end up over paying for things I think!

--Danielle :-)

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

That's great to hear Louise... I know you love sales as much as I do so glad you had fun !

Lisa

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

WOMAN!!!!! What did I say about shopping without me???

You get the BEST deals!!