Saturday, July 22, 2006

My new Blog Site

I am doing a second blog site to see which one I like better. I am into the second phase of this adoption...waiting for a referral. I started the process in November 2oo5, and My file reached Ethiopia 4 days ago. So this Tuesday will be a week into the wait. So far so good...HAHA

Today we had a yardsale to raise money to donate when in country. My cousin, my sisters and I all worked at the yardsale ( well we shopped each others items as well LOL). All in all we raised 400 dollars at this yardsale. Thats a lot of money for Ethiopia. One hundred US dollars is a years salary in Addis. SO 400 will go a long way.

I am still selling raffle tickets to raise money. So hopefully I can make another 100 dollars. I need 530 to fund a school for a month. So that is my aim. Anything above and beyond will go to the foster home and AHOPE.

Next plan is to try and arrange an outdoor concert fundraiser. I have one singer who will come. I am gonna work on that over the next month and see what I can come up with.

The more money we can raise the better. This country is giving me their child...which is priceless to me. I will do whatever I can to make life better for the children left behind.
I know a couple of people who sing and play piano. I am also gonna ask some other local talents as well. See what I can come up with.


Louise

No comments: