Sunday, April 13, 2008

A day late..but our final trek home

November 12, 2007 we woke up in the Sheraton Hotel..so glad to have our first morning in Canada. Nathaniel was wide awake...hillary was still very sick..so Nathaniel and I left her to sleep and we wandered the hotel. The front desk staff fell in love with him...couldn't get over how we had just flown home. We had a nice breakfast and made our way back up to the room. Nathaniel had been given a bib and giraffe at the restaurant. The bib says The Sheraton Loves(heart) me. ITs very cute!!
Before we knew it, it was time to go...my dad met us at the hotel room and we called for the porter. Somehow time got away from us and the porter was a good twenty minutes before arriving to bring us and our bags to the gate. IT was 35 mins before the flight by the time we checked in and I was a little worried that we would miss our flight (or that they wouldn't let us board). Our porter reassured me that we were fine and not to worry...thank goodness for the porter..they come with a great cart and get you all checked in.
We checked in and basically boarded the flight right away. We had a row of three seats to ourselves which was soo nice as Nathaniel was awake that flight. We changed planes in Montreal and boarded a very small prop plane (45 or so seats). We were finally on our way home.
When the captain announced our arrival in to Fredericton, I was in tears...sooo happy to finally be home. We got off the plane and gathered our belongings. I had no idea who would he at the airport but suspected there might be a crowd (as a side note..I always wonder what other passengers think as they walk into the terminal and hear the sighs of dissapointment that its not the family everyone is waiting for..I think it must be very funny!!).
My mom was as close to the door as I suspect the security guard let her come. I could not hug her long enough.. there were sooo many families and friends at the airport that I had tunnel vision..I couldn't even see straight. I know I missed saying hi to some families on the first go around..and then when I looked back and noticed them there..funny! I remember saying to someone where is Lisa G..I couldn't see her..but she was on the other side of the room. It was soo nice that finally we were both home with our kids! What a great day!!! We got everyone and everything loaded into the van and cars..and headed home!

Louise

No comments: